One of my favorite parts of psalm 19 is verse 14 which states, "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." One of the reasons that this verse becomes dear to me is that it comes after most of the psalm reminding us about God's perfect judgements and statutes that man are suppose to follow. So, what? you may be saying at this moment. The reason why this is important is that it gives us a clue about how we can live an acceptable life in an unacceptable culture that is doing everything it can to take away our abilities to love and serve God. So here are ways we can live an acceptable life:
1) Recognize who God is in relation to our imperfections
2) Recognize that God has given us his word to help shape the thoughts and intents of our heart
3) When you recognize these things make the right choice to live an acceptable life(This is the biggest hurdle)
4) Be as determined as you are when you choose to show up to work when sick as you should be to consistently live an acceptable Christian life
5) Find a group of believers that life this life so you can learn how to live acceptably.